October 23, 2011

Chanel-ing Coco

Much like the movie "Bonnie & Clyde," I couldn't believe I hadn't seen the Coco Chanel Lifetime movie. I accidentally stumbled upon it during a relaxing Sunday evening and my mouth was agape by her intuition, determination, and motivation in ensuring her creations and mastery were received by the masses, as well as her grace, sarcasm, and unfailing pride in her personal life. 


My original intention was to dress up as Bonnie one day/night for Halloween weekend and Coco on another occasion to interact with the ghouls, witches, and maybe, a celebrity satire. However, in reviewing the items needed to effectively channel Ms. Chanel, I realized that I wanted to incorporate the elements, or at least the tie neck and white blouse, into my every day.


J.Crew blouse, I Heart Ronson blazer, Target scarf, NY & Co jeans, MIA mary jane pumps, Aldo ring, Fossil watch, and Certainly Red lipstick
How do you incorporate vintage inspiration into your day?

1 comment:

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Love this and loving how you tied the scarf...you've done Coco proud girl! xo