July 20, 2011

If I had a million dollars...again

Since I still have close to a million dollars, minus the amount spent on my last amazeballs outfit, I would like to imagine that, with that much money to spend on my entertainment and clothing, I could decide today that I needed to head to Miami for the weekend. Not that Chicago doesn't feel like Miami right now, but there is something about salt versus fresh water that makes me feel like I'm on a vacation. Plus, cut off jean shorts over one's bikini suffices on the shores of Lake Michigan, which doesn't necessitate any shopping, which is the whole point of this post. 
First, I would book a bungalow at the Shore Hotel...
...and plan on spending my days lounging pool or beach side sipping mojitos or maybe I'll rent a boat and a captain and have him drive me and my companions up and down the coastline, ya know, whatever strikes my fancy that day. Regardless of where I'd get some sun, it would be done in this Missoni bikini & Diane Von Furstenberg cover-up (it's like the prints were made for each other), a San Diego Hat Company straw hat, Tory Burch Logo Cat Eye Sunglasses, DV vy Dolce Vita Dino sandals, and a Mar Y Sol Valencia Raffia Beach Totem that will hold my current read "The Beautiful and Damned," sunscreen for body, face, and lips (obvs), fashion mags, and my iPod filled with reggae (a summer must have).
 
Of course, after the day of sun, rum, and an al fresco lunch...an evening out at a fab restaurant and drinks on a rooftop would follow, but that, my friends, is for another time. I might not even stay in Miami for the evening...remember, I'm a gosh darn millionaire ;)

No comments: